Warfighter Podcast- Data Analytics on the Front Line
Listen to Al Roan talk through some of the practical application of analytics into Defence training and simulation.
Click here to listen to Episode 7 of the Warfighter Podcast.
From his experience harnessing data to provide deep insights for the military, Al provides us with an overview of how data analytics is used and breaks down some of the myths and misconceptions. Al covers:
- Types of Analytics (Descriptive, Predictive and Diagnostic)
- Data mining and the importance of business/military knowledge
- Decision and Precision
- Descriptive – Counter IED Training example.
- Cultural – Getting people to trust the data
- Technological – Challenges in analysing in real time
- Dashboards – making the complex readily understood.
- Predictive and Diagnostic
- Structured and unstructured data
- User driven analytics vs Data driven analytics
- Machine Learning
- XCALIBR User case