Cervus Defence & Security Limited (referred to as “Cervus” or “the company”” throughout this notice) are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data and to meeting our data protection obligations. We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection laws protects you. What personal data do we collect from you? Website log data when you use this Website: including your IP address, the address of the web page you visited, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your access, how you used this Website. We may also collect information about the device you are using to access this Website: depending on the device you are using and its settings, this information may include the type of device, the device operating system, device settings, and unique device identifiers. Information you voluntarily provide in contact forms, registration forms and surveys, including (first and last) name, email address, telephone number and preferences and subscriptions to our newsletters.
What is your data used for?Your data is used for the following purposes: Communication:
- enabling Cervus to address your requests and to respond to your messages;
- sending e-mail newsletters: provide you with content related to Cervus products, services and activities via e-mail;
- enabling content downloads related to Cervus products, services and activities (e.g. white papers…);
- personalising your Website visit: customise content and recommend content on this Website based on your interests and preferences;
What is the legal basis for the processing of your personal data?In order to carry out the processing activities specified therein, Cervus relies on:
- its legitimate interest, which consists in proper communication and exchange of information between you and Cervus and in security of the Website;
- your consent, which you can withdraw at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based thereon before its withdrawal, for the processing related to certain marketing and profiling activities.